To be an International Institution of higher learning with enviable standards of teaching and research.
To be a Center of Excellence; producing graduates with a well-balanced education. Although Igbesa is located in a rural agricultural setting, however, within 50 km radius of the site are highly urbanized areas. Foremost is the concentration of population called Lagos Metropolitan area, which has extended swiftly to neighboring towns like Ota, Ifo and Ikorodu. There is also the neighboring town of Agbara, which has industrial estates hosting manufacturing plants of multinational companies like Nestle, Evans, Unilever, GlaxoSmithKline, PhamaDeko, Colodense Dumex etc. There are also residential estates built by both government housing corporations and private real estate companies. Linkages would be developed with these multinational companies for purposes of research, curricular development and exchange of expertise. In addition, the companies would provide avenues for placement of students who are on industrial attachment.
The Objectives of the University are:
- To give the opportunity of acquiring a higher education to all
- To provide relevant courses of instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in such branches of knowledge as the University may desire to foster and in so doing make those facilities available on proper terms to such persons as are equipped to benefit from them,
- To promote scholarship and encourage the advancement of learning,
- To conduct relevant research into human problems and their alleviation,
- To relate its activities to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nigeria in particular, and the world in general,
- To undertake any other activities appropriate for a University of high repute, and
- To produce well-rounded graduates, who will be academically sound, creative, with good morals and the fear of God.